Saturday, March 26, 2005

Arrowmont

Last week I spent a week at the Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts in Gatlinburg, TN. I took a wonderful class with Elizabeth Busch. The week was absolutely fabulous! It was like being at summer camp. Elizabeth said we were the goofiest class she has ever had. I feel proud to have contributed to the goofiness (this is a trait I highly admire). We used a lot of duct tape and made a lovely sculpture named Sticky. Sticky quickly became our mascot and an important part of the class.

Crawl the Stickyback a.k.a. "Sticky" 

Class at Arrowmont with Sticky - swinging from the ceiling

Some fabric I painted during the class - this will be cut up into quilts!

4 comments:

Melody Johnson said...

Ooooh. I love the fabric you painted. I imagine it was done on duck with acrylics?

Amy Climer said...

Thanks Mel! Yes, acrylic paint and textile paint from Pro Chem. It was so fun!

Emily said...

Hi Amy! Great to see you have a blog! Love those fabrics.
Emily Parson

Elle said...

I have only one word for your painted fabrics: Yummy.

They are great!