Wednesday, June 28, 2006

spine doodle

Here is a small quilt I did last week. It started as a doodle, I think inspired by my spine. The doodle was done a while ago so I can’t be sure. However, I am very aware of my back since I have a fair bit of lower back pain on a regular basis. Even though the spine was the inspiration this piece is not about pain. It’s happy, colorful, vibrant! It was fun to make. I don’t have a name for it yet. I dread naming my quilts. I'm not much of a word person. I made a deal with my girlfriend that I’ll hem her pants if she’ll come up with names for my quilts. She is a poet and more of a wordsmith than me so was quite pleased with the deal. More quilts are on the way, so soon I’ll have a stack of ‘em for her to name. Fortunately, I won’t have to hem many pants since she’s tall.


11" X 17"

Detail

This quilt is made with my hand-dyed fabrics, fused, and machine quilted.

3 comments:

gjclimer said...

why not call it "untitled" or "study in color and form #500"?

i like this one a lot. one of my favorites

Tiredmom said...

how about anming it "Stairway of a spine" just a thought. I like it but am not very wordy either. Don't worry I can hem my own pants. lol
Leanne

Tiredmom said...

oops can't spell either. I meant to say naming it. Talk to you soon.