Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Textures

I've joined an online group dedicated to working through the book Finding Your Own Visual Language: A Practical Guide to Design & Composition, by Jane Dunnewold, Claire Benn and Leslie Morgan. One of the early exercises asks you to find textures and scan or photograph them. I went a bit crazy last week finding textures while on a trip. Here are five of my favorites.

rocks on Oak Island

I was particularly impressed with how good the macro setting on my point-and-shoot camera was (Canon Powershot SD750). It would focus when I was an inch away from an object.

Birch tree


Lichen

The side of an old gas can found on Oak Island.

The Apostle Islands were the site of lumber and quarry industry several decades ago and there is still some remains of these operations on the islands.


The red sandstone sea caves on the mainland off of Meyers Beach.

No comments: