Sunday, April 10, 2005

Rosemont

Yesterday, I had a fabulous day traveling to Rosemont, IL with Pat Kroth and hanging out at the Chicago Spring International Quilt Festival. We spent the morning looking at the quilts and the afternoon going to a couple vendors, basically stocking up on Superior thread - our favorite, well next to the beautiful hand-dyed thread of Laura Wasilowski. We had a pictures taken at the HP booth and printed on fabric then I sat in Laura's booth while she had her picture taken. We made our way to the PAQA 10th anniversary meeting. It was great. Wendy passed out flowers to all the great people that keep PAQA going. Laura sang a song and Melody MC-ed and made us all laugh.

On the way home Pat and I wrote songs to various tunes that we'll sing at the Keiko workshop. When I got home I was so energized from writing songs, that I spent the next two hours writing a rap song about my experience in PAQA. It's to the tune of Paul Revere by the Beastie Boys. I mention several other PAQAderms in it ("PAQAderms" is even in the rap). I felt like I was in 8th grade again when my best friend and I were hired to write a rap song for her mom's friend's husband's 40th birthday. We were paid $40. I wish I still had a tape of that. Of course, by the end of our rapping career we were so burned out that we stopped listening to rap and started listening to heavy metal. Who would guess that today I like country music?

I am looking forward to the Keiko retreat and rapping for everyone. I'll tell you how it goes!






1 comment:

Emily said...

Can't wait to see you at the Keiko workshop!