Friday, November 18, 2005

Photography Class

My apologies to everyone who actually reads my blog for taking so long with this post. Life just got in the way. You know how it is.
I've been taking a photography class through the UW Art Department. For my final project I am doing a study of a friend of mine who is a falconer. He has a red tail hawk and I've been out hunting with him several times. I am trying to take a photojournalistic approach and take photos of all aspects of the process. I have about nine rolls at this point. A few of the pieces were selected for a student show that opens this weekend so I thought I'd stick them up on my blog, as well as a few others, for all the world to see.



Food Prep

Arrow

5 comments:

Melody Johnson said...

HI Amy, Welcome back to blogland. I am happy to see these wonderful photos and also surprised that they are actually film shots, vs digital. They are still teaching this old technology?

Pat Dolan said...

These photos are wonderful! Thanks so much for posting them - I love the crisp detail... then, too, I happen to love hawks!

Rayna said...

Amy, these are beautiful. There is nothing as wonderful as black and white photos. Too bad they are so rare these days. They make everything into ART.

Elle said...

These are very nice. I like the close-up on Arrow.

Cathy said...

I love these pics of the falcon. Wonderful detail. Alos. reading your piece about the new Native American Museum made me want to visit DC again. Last time we were there this was still under comstruction.