Sunday, September 25, 2005

My First Art Fair

This weekend I had a booth at a small, local art fair in Madison. It was the first one I've done. I learned a lot, but we got rain both days so I didn't sell much. In fact, Sunday we all left by 11am. I kind of enjoyed the process of setting up, getting everything together, talking with people that stopped by. A lot of my friends stopped by and that made it much more enjoyable, especially since we didn't have many customers. I am so glad I had a tent. I almost didn't buy one, but fortunately it was on sale and definitely worth it.

My booth actually turned out pretty good. Here are some photos...


This is the back wall of the booth. There is another table perpendicular to the left, see below.

This photo was taken in my living room. I did a mock set-up to make sure I had everything figured out. It certainly helped things go smoother.

7 comments:

Melody Johnson said...

Ah the days of waiting for the customers to show up.
You are paying your dues darlin', so don't give up. YOur booth looked super great, and in no time at all you will be raking in the big bucks.

Jen said...

Great looking booth, beautiful work! Jen

Karoda said...

that is a great looking booth with wonderful pieces displayed!

Deborah Boschert said...

Wonderful. I love seeing the booth set up. And such great quilts.

Editor Choice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debra Dixon said...

I love the pumpkin piece! Is it pieced, painted, what??

Elle said...

I liek the tie dye baby undershirts! What a great idea! That was a good looking booth!