Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Bahamas

I arrived in Freeport, Bahamas yesterday at noon. Here is the view from the plane. It was gorgeous, although a bit stormy.


The weather was a bit stormy so I wasn't able to go scuba diving. Instead I met another Semester at Sea Resident Director and we hung out on the beach. It started raining so we went swimming in the pool. The beach was beautiful - clear water, soft sand, gentle waves.


The beautiful beach!


Parts of the beach were rocky with neat plant life.

This morning a group of us are hoping to go snorkeling, but it depends on the weather. There is blue sky now, but it is still early. We get on the ship this afternoon so this will be my last free internet connection. I am looking forward to unpacking and getting settled on the ship. I have so much stuff! One bag weighs 62 lbs. and the other is probably around 40lbs. I tried to pack light and took out a few things at the last minute. Although one of the women I am sharing a room with brought 14 pairs of underwear (and that was after she whittled it down) so I don't think I have that much.

Before I left Madison, WI my partner shaved my head. It's one-inch long and you really can't even tell. I wanted to bring clippers instead of trying to get a haircut in Poland or Russia. Who knows what it would look like when you can't communicate what you want. Although it could have been an interesting cultural experience I think I'd rather do other things. I don't have any photos at the minute, but I will soon.

I am off to eat breakfast, go snorkeling, and board the ship!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my gosh!! an artist who gets to travel around on a huge ship and trapeze...what a good life you will liven the ring..Ginger...I would love to see more of your art too